Monday, February 16, 2015

Sarah in the Sunshine



I fell in love with this stamp the moment I saw it.  I was looking through some Kristen Werner cards and spotted one she did with a front and back stamp from Art Impressions.  Loved it!  For this one, Sarah looks so happy with her face turned up into the sun!  It reminds me so much of my mother in law.  She just loves spring and those big hats.  Anyway, she gave us a VERY generous gift card for our 10th wedding anniversary and I wanted to send her a thank you card expressing how much it meant to us.  Time to use my stamps!
Looking down from the top, it's difficult to see there are basically 5 layers to the front of the card.  I stamped and uploaded to my Silhouette so I could use them as a print and cut file.  

I used the Sarah front & back stamp and the Curtain window stamp set, both from Art Impressions.  I colored in using my Spectrum Noir markers.  I printed from my Silhouette using the reg marks, colored the stamps, then ran them through to cut.  After I assembled the card, I ran a black marker around the edges to give it a more finished look.   I had the polka dot paper on hand so not sure what brand but it was part of an Easter pack from a few years ago.

2 comments:

  1. What do I set my printer to, so my image wont smear when coloring it with the spectrum noir markers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for the delay in answering you. I have a canon all in one Printer-copier-scanner and I set it to fast draft so it doesn't soak the paper. I use regular cardstock, nothing fancy and haven't had a smudge. Sorry again for the long time in answering

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It!