Tuesday, June 17, 2014

3D box card



We couldn't celebrate Father's day until today due to scheduling issues so my father's Day card is a bit late.  I've been seeing these 3D box cards all over  and was trying to find a good theme for my dad.  My father has an ongoing war with the neighborhood squirrels (as most dads do) and I got him a fun mug:
He also has a squirrel proof feeder called a Yankee flipper (I think).  The feeder functions by sensing the weight of the squirrel and then spinning the bottom rung until the squirrel flies off.   For this card, I was going for the squirrel theme.  I used a free Paper Smooches stamp and cut the word 'hi' he was dangling from off and made it look like he was hanging from the feeder.  I used a couple of the lawn fawn tree stamps for the trees in the back.  I had purchased a box of transparencies from a thrift store a few years ago and used those to hold up the elements and hand wrote the sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It!