Friday, August 22, 2014

Hey Pumpkin!




So this is probably the hardest stamp project I've ever done, lol. First of all, Can I tell you how much I love the Simon Says Hey Pumpkin stamp set?  I've been wanting it FOREVER...well okay, since it came out and I saw Kristen using it (who also designed it).  There are several parts so you can change it from Autumn to Halloween just by adding/omitting elements.  Anyway, what made it so hard is the fact I cannot cut out anything correctly even by following a line.  I'm serious.  I look at videos of card makers and they can cut a circle with no guideline, cut out designs without decapitating them, etc.  Not me!  One of the main reasons I got the Silhouette was so I'd never have to attempt to cut anything out ever again.  Fast forward to today and me wanting to cut out the cat and pumpkin stamp.  Most people would just keep trying until they stopped cutting off an ear, but not me.  I did it the hard way.  I stamped the whole sheet onto a white paper, scanned it in, cleaned it up in photoshop then upload them into my Silhouette to trace and cut.  All that because I got a bug up my butt to cut it perfectly.  Ah well, the bonus is I can now manipulate the size and maybe use a fill pattern on it.  Not sure if I'll ever need either of those options but it makes me feel better thinking I didn't just use 3 hours for one stamp on one card. The one con is the inability to heat emboss the design as well as difficulty using my watercolor pencils due to the inkjet ink.  Ah well....

The paper in this design is from Summertime Design 'Thanks For Giving' collection.  If you haven't been to her sight, seriously check it out!  Her paper packs are all free and amazing!  The stamp is again from Simon Says stamp! .  I have been on a fall kick lately since, just like last year, it is over 90 degrees everyday and I am wishing so much we had autumn here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It!