Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Hurricane Thank You card

 


Long story short, we had to mandatory evacuate from the island for hurricane Matthew and a friend of the family allowed us to stay in his vacation home on the mainland.  When I say vacation home, it conjures up images of a little cottage or condo.  This house is GORGEOUS!  Instead of a lifeboat, we stayed in a luxury cruise liner.  Our house didn't have any significant damage outside of some large limbs down, but our electricity was out for 3 days and we weren't allowed back across the causeways for 2.  We ended up spending all three days in his home which only lost power for a total of 3 minutes.  It was just incredibly generous of them to help us out because it was a 90 year old woman, my parents and my husband and I and 3 cats.  Finding hotel rooms at that time was near impossible and my grandmother wouldn't do well if we had to drive for 8 hours.

Anyway, there was nothing out there stampwise or sentiment wise for our particular situation so I made it up as I went along.  I fell in love with this card and while I will be doing something with the stamp set later today, this is the technique I used to make the spinner card: Kelly Marie Alvarez - Jump For Joy Card. I do not own the slide cuts die, so I kind of duplicated the idea in my Silhouette.  I found a random map and traced it in Silhouette and filled it with the Palm pattern from Summertime Designs (she no longer maintains a page).  I found a picture of a hurricane and traced it as well.  This was a fun card to make and I highly recommend heading over to see the technique used.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It!