Sunday, August 5, 2018

Christmas Truck


I have been in love with the rustic, vintage Christmas theme for years.  I decorate with buffalo plaid, vintage signs, pine garland, and any red vehicle with a tree sticking out as if it was just picked out with care and loaded up for decorating back home.  I can practically smell it! Anyway, I am pre-planning my annual Pinterest party in December and deciding what card to do.  It can't be too complicated, but it needs to be something I can have a group of a dozen duplicate so I need to be able to do all the prep work before they arrive.  I chose this card.  The is a cut file from Lori Whitlock in the Silhouette Studio.  I did add the side, wooden features. Normally, I don't purchase cut files, but this one was exactly what I am looking for.  Rather than purchase another one, I think I can play with the file and alter it to haul pumpkins, boxes, turkeys, etc. for other themes.  The papers are from a value pack I picked up last year at Michael's.  I distressed the edges to make it a wee bit more vintage as well as too make the doors more visible.  I also used dimensional stickers to pop the fenders out.  This is a prototype I did last night just to see how difficult it will be to show others how to make it and also check for how time consuming it will be.  It's moderate for both, but I think doable. Next time, I may try to get a double sided paper, or duplicate the sides to eliminate the white.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It!