Saturday, November 17, 2018

Mosaic Christmas Lantern

I have no idea where I got this die from.  I didn't really do a lot of cards last year and I had misplaced this die.  I  rediscovered it today going through my craft supplies.  I decided to use both negative and positive space of the die.  I cut the same die out from cardstock in black, yellow, red and green.  I layered in the colors in the negative spaces except the candle and bow which were placed on top.  I used glossy accents to make it look sort of stained glass looking, but really it looks more like a mosaic to me.  I put just a hint of color around the flame for a halo effect.  The paper is from a value pack I got last year at Michael's and the vellum banner and sentiment are both from Stampin' Up.  For a final flourish, I heat embossed the sentiment in gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It!