Saturday, October 11, 2014

Making Spirits Bright

OK, so here is fair warning for anyone who actually reads my blog (Hi, Mom!), I just received the first of my Spectrum Noir markers.  This means that I, with my zero experience in alcohol markers, will be posting poorly colored, stamped cards for the foreseeable future.  Somehow, watching a plethora of Copic/Spectrum Noir tutorials has not yet made me an expert.  I am, however, LOVING THEM!  I have read scores of complaints that when using digital stamps, there is excessive bleeding of the printer ink.  I have a Canon MX410 and haven't had any problems, even using the blender pen directly over the ink.  I am just using standard, 110 weight cardstock and that bleeds like the devil though I'm trying to be careful (especially with the reds).  Anyway, back on topic for this mornings first card (Oh yes, there will be dozens in the next few days with no cohesive theme *evil cackle*:


This one wasn't inspired by anything but the stamp itself.  The stamp is from Stampin' Up Making Spirits Bright stamp set.  The candy cane paper is a from a free digital paper pack, 'Believe' from Summertime Designs.  If I haven't already mentioned it, her designs are GORGEOUS and the absolute BEST quality.  Seriously, go grab every single pack she offers.  I imagine you'll see tons of her papers here.  The branches are, of course, the Martha Stewart medium branch punch.  For the greencardstock, I didn't want to use a bunch of printer ink for 5.5" of cardstock that would be mostly covered, so I coordinated by using one of my markers to border it.  I then distressed my edges.  I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.

Spectrum Noir markers used:  Reds (DR7, DR5), Greens (CG1, CG2), [for the drink] Pale Hues (FS2), [the ribbon] Citrus (CT1, CT2) ad to shadow Blue Greys (BGR1, BGR3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It!